Joy in the little things of Life!!

My photo
Potter, Writer, Blogger, Quiller, Avid Reader, Chatter Box, Traveller, Foodie, photo crazy, Orchid lover, FB addict, and an enthusiast.... I work on extremes... You'll either find me laughing insanely or discussing something seriously serious.... I suffer from a laughter disorder...I am a lover of arts and crafts and anything that's colorful, bright and beautiful which includes my plants and my little lovely birdies... I am a mad friend, an insane daughter, a crazy wife and an unconventional sister... I choose to love, laugh and live!! My smile is contagious....So be careful :)

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Love and everything like it!!!


I have known him for almost 5 years now, yet the joy of seeing him and talking to him never ends. I eagerly wait for him every evening to share all that the day had to offer. His voice still sounds so sweet to my ears that I feel I can converse with him for hours together. When he tries to steal a moment with me in a room full of people, I still blush and turn pink. I love it when when we hold our hands and share moments of silent conversation, staring at the beautiful sky for hours. It’s wonderful how he shares his knowledge of the many stars that beautify the sky every night after a long tiring day. The “chai time” that we share every morning makes just the perfect start for my day. His childlike smile just fades off my memories of pain, grief and worry.

He never fails to surprise me with his love for other beings. His humility is something that most men today can only boast of. In an age when people brag about the money they make or the organization they work with, he is a complete unfit. I believe the more he achieves, the humble he grows. He enjoys talking about the lovely orchids that we own or about the fish tank that he saw at a store. He remembers the times he has spent with children and the times when he was a child. He brags about the cartoons that filled up the last page of his history notebook in school or the pompous celebration of his school sports day.

I have seen the awe in his eyes when birds flock together in the sky or when there is a new rose bud in the little plant of our balcony. I have seen him hide his tears when he there is a child in pain or when an animal is abused. I am the witness of his serene face while he is meditating and the faith in his voice when he praying for someone who is a complete stranger. His passion for Astronomy coupled with his keen desire for "Shell Scripting" certainly makes him different. I have seen him bite his nails when there is a thrilling cricket match and jump from the chair when when Arsenal hits a goal. I have seen the mischief in his eyes when he pulls my cheeks and the cheer in his voice when he learns something new.

He has added a new dimension to my life and changed my perspective on things. The best part is that he didn’t have to try a bit. It just happened. He has taught me that love is in its purest form when it is "unconditional". While I am this carefree, outspoken and impulsive woman, he is a thoughtful, calm and considerate man. He has a forgiving heart, the one that carries no grudge. While many of us only talk about Karma, he is simply walking the path. He is a silent winner and has won many hearts with his abound love and simplicity. Life has not only become meaningful but it has also found a new path where he and I tread together.

Yesterday when I opened the e-mail box I saw an email from Kakimaa (one of the most beautiful person I am fortunate to know and before I realized I was in love with her). The mail began with a line,” Sweetie, you have blossomed into such a beautiful person, and a lot of the credit goes to Rakesh for enabling you to be who you are.” A tear fell from my eye. I am not sure how beautiful I am. My Kakimaa loves me immensely and this could be the reason why she thinks I am a beautiful person. Yet a part of her statement is so true. Apart from my parents, it’s he ( Rakesh )who enabled me to dream and made me believe that dreams  come true if you pursue them with perseverance. When I shared this e-mail with him, he smiled (as he always does), hugged me and said, “Just let your love fill me”.

He is a wonderful person and I am so fortunate to be with him. He is an answer to my prayer and one of the most precious gifts of God to me. Every day he unleashes a new color of joy in our lives and with each passing day I fall in love with him, all over again. He is my soul mate, my best friend and my companion for life - He is "My Husband".

This picture was clicked by Kaku on our 2nd wedding anniversary

2 comments:

bini said...

God bless u both :)

Manas Shukla said...

Like I said before (comment on FB); everything u say about this gentleman brings more and more respect in my heart for him! I really wish to be at least one percent as perfect as him; which in itself is too much.! Love u both a lot!! :) <3
But yeah ofcourse being a huge fan of yours, this comment is not over without appreciating this wonderful friend of mine.! A person as wonderful and lovely like you didnt deserve as good as Rakesh ji.. god bless you both..!! And I am so lucky to have so inspiring and lovely people in my life.! I m litereally missing you a lot in a UK..!!