Joy in the little things of Life!!

My photo
Potter, Writer, Blogger, Quiller, Avid Reader, Chatter Box, Traveller, Foodie, photo crazy, Orchid lover, FB addict, and an enthusiast.... I work on extremes... You'll either find me laughing insanely or discussing something seriously serious.... I suffer from a laughter disorder...I am a lover of arts and crafts and anything that's colorful, bright and beautiful which includes my plants and my little lovely birdies... I am a mad friend, an insane daughter, a crazy wife and an unconventional sister... I choose to love, laugh and live!! My smile is contagious....So be careful :)

Monday, August 20, 2012

Have you lived your life, yet????


I wish we also came with our expiry dates labelled on us ( haven’t you seen those tablets??). I wish life gave us a heads up before it was time to leave and go. I wish we could plan our life well in advance so that all the precious time that we hold, we could use it wisely. I wish I wish and I only wish.


Sometimes certain small incidents/accidents in life, leave you wondering on the uncertainties of life. All that you have may change within a second. I believe these probably help us realize the importance of all those lovely people in our lives, all those wonderful moments we cherish and all that is yet to accomplish. How would one feel when one wakes up only to realize that this is “the last day” of his/her life? What if all that you own/possess is suddenly lost in something that you have least control over?? No, I am not trying to scare any one nor am I being a pessimist. I am just trying to deal with this little seed that was planted by a small ( please read small ) accident yesterday. Please do not panic, I am alright. It was just one of those careless moments at home. So I am all hale and hearty and fit enough to type and share with you, the worm that kept rambling and playing in my mind since yesterday.


I am sure you have come across this question multiple times. What if you get to know, you have just one day to live? What will you do? This thought strongly crossed my mind yesterday. It is indeed scary. But then it made me realize that there is very little that I have lived. There is very little that I have accomplished. There is so much more to do. I still haven’t shared all the love that I have. I realized I had taken “life” for granted. Completely.


We are so lost in the mundane chores of life that we often forget/ignore the real side of life. Life beyond office and work. Life beyond those deadlines. Life beyond the traffic and its frustration. Life beyond that 8:00 am bus. Life that’s beyond the mechanical life that we have created for ourselves.


Life is in the strong arms of dad when nothing seems right. Life is the yummy mom made food when you are hungry like hell. Life is those silly fights you have with your siblings. Life is that joke you quietly with your friends. Life is holding your favorite book on a lazy afternoon. Life is walking up the hill and then delving back in to the beautiful valley beneath. Life is clicking funny pictures just so that you look cool, life is telling your spouse over and over again that you love him/her. Life is hugging your teacher after a long long time. Life is kissing your child and letting him know you will always be there. Life is clicking pictures at almost every event of your life so that you hold back the memory. Life is making a new wish list everyday and then changing it. Life is that mouth watering street food that you cant resist. Life is getting that particular color for your friends wedding. Life is realizing your purpose and then living it to the core. Life is all those little moments that become cherished moments later. Life is adding those lovely colors everyday so that one day we will complete the picture. The picture that will stay forever even when we are gone.


There is so much more to life than we even try to see. Or may be, we see it but do not make any change. Because we are stuck in a race. The race that may get us all the material wealth but leaves us robbed of all the real wealth of love. When was the last time you did something that you absolutely love? When was the last time you called up mom just to tell her that you lover her? When was the last time you lived?


So forgive the one’s who hurt you, they just came to teach you a lesson. Treasure the ones who love you, they are here to make your life worth living. Thank the ones who helped you, they helped you understand that we still have good people around us. Let go of the one’s who have gone,they were not meant to stay in your life forever. Instead go lend a helping hand to the ones who need you.


Yesterday I came across this beautiful message that my dear friend put up on FB.

“Sometimes I cry and crib for silly things and fail to realize how blessed I am. Thank you GOD
- for blessing my life with wonderful people - my family and my dearest friends... 
- For giving me challenges that only make me stronger as a person, 
- for letting me meet few wrong people so that I realise the importance of the right people in my life
- For giving me the wisdom to discover happiness in simple things of life...



Too much of gyaan?? :)
Hmmm.... may be. But then if it has left you thinking about your life, I am good. That simply means I have successfully infected your thoughts too. I have left a worm in your head now. Let it ramble and play and you will be amazed with what it brings to you.


So go, live your life today. Tomorrow is just a myth.




2 comments:

exlwithme1 said...

Very Well Written! Keep inspiring me forever!Lol

pat said...

Wow kushi u have really made my day by your well thought idea of life and living,Wish we all could really do and follow the feelings,
Keep inspiring all of us,Pray God bless you with long life and wish you be Happy,Healthy,wealthy,