Joy in the little things of Life!!

My photo
Potter, Writer, Blogger, Quiller, Avid Reader, Chatter Box, Traveller, Foodie, photo crazy, Orchid lover, FB addict, and an enthusiast.... I work on extremes... You'll either find me laughing insanely or discussing something seriously serious.... I suffer from a laughter disorder...I am a lover of arts and crafts and anything that's colorful, bright and beautiful which includes my plants and my little lovely birdies... I am a mad friend, an insane daughter, a crazy wife and an unconventional sister... I choose to love, laugh and live!! My smile is contagious....So be careful :)

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Chinku!!!!

It was just yesterday that I was reading an article by a friend of mine about his sister who got married recently.How much is he missing her...I was amazed at the way he expressed himself. I often hear my younger brother saying, I love u didi, meri chotti si beti ( he says that when he needs some cash!! ) etc etc...This article made me think how life changes when your siblings become a part of your life. But we all speak about how special sisters are and how they bring love and happiness in our life...... but never read how special a small and loving brother is( nope!! I m not getting into the gender discussion). I would love to speak about my brother who actually changed my life and I got my bestest friend in him.

'Chinku' as I call him came in my life when I was just 6 years old.Longing for a small little brother , one fine day we were told that a small little baby is soon going to be a part of our family........ Our joys knew no bound!! Yippie!! someone would call me didi now and would listen to all that I say.Everyday me and my didi would pray to God, Please "humko Bhai dena".And there came 15th Feb ( thats my chinkus birthday ), Mom was in the hospital with some complications and everybody around was tensed. I kept on asking my dad, Doctor bhaiya kab dega????...Time was passing very slow and I was all set to meet this new member and there came my dad, I heard him say,Its a boy!! Thats all I wanted..Me and didi ran to see him and after much request we were allowed to enter a ward where we saw this infant crying and wrapped in a small piece of cloth. He was my brother, just mine and I would not let anybody touch him....... was really possessive huh!!

He was brought home after 5 days and as per moms instructions we were not supposed to touch him without washing our hands. Me and didi would hate going to school , leaving him at home. Time passed by and he grew up. I still remember he couldn't pronounce my name and would call me, khuchu didi...I loved it. We always bonded well with each other .I would fight with children so that my chinku gets to bat first , we would eat chocolates together without telling mom , fight like cats and dogs and then end up saying sorry!! I could remember that he was afraid of school and teachers and i used to tell him all good things about school, the picnic and chocolates, celebration and competition. He would understand nothing but knew that school was not as bad as he thought. Children go to school at 3 , my chinku went at 4.He was the only boy who gave his Kindergarten interview in hindi...hehehehe!! Tore a 50 Rupee note at the age of 3 and when asked about it by dad , replied with innocence , Its just 50 Rupees and not Gandhiji ( meaning 500 Rupee note ). Had left home without telling anyone at the age of 3 and came back home after half an hour just because he wanted to pee....Would make me do his art home work and also would tell me to zip my mouth about it as it was supposed to be a secret!!

I can write endlessly about his stories and fun that we have together. Today at the age of 18 behaves like an elder brother and tries to do all that he can to keep me happy. Wants me to get married and go ( so that he doesn't have to share the room with me ) and keeps on missing me when am not around. Doesn't go shopping alone and drags me with him to buy his stuff ( though I have no say in anything and have to like all that he buys ).Writes blogs on what a bad cook I am and how he manages to survive after eating it. That how miser I am to not lend him money when he needs it...Gifts me a beautiful gift on rakhi and then takes it back after 2 days just because we had a fight as to whom does mom love more, me or him?? Gives me a tight hug and says I Love U Di for some 10, 000 times when he needs cash to spend on his friends. Discusses every bit of his life with me and is always ready to listen mine.Would always crack jokes and make everybody laugh.. during my tough times he was always there to support me , and would tel me, "Di main sab kuch thik kar doonga!!

But at the end of the day I love him a lot. Life changed completely after he entered my life and Me and Di became more responsible and indeed he added joys to our life. I do not need to find a friend for myself because He is the best buddy for me, always there to stand besides me.I wish his life is full of Happiness and success....Just like he brings smiles to others, may he always smile!!

No comments: